Contributions to Mageia – January 2013

Mageia.Org

It was another extremely busy month. I wrote part of my thesis and I worked on other projects but, I found the time to maintain a few packages, to add a new one and to work on rpmdragora.

MaINTAINED PACKAGES in CAULDRON

  • merkaartor
  • razorqt-power (https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8602)
  • qlipper (https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8593)
  • task-razorqt (arora replaced by qupzilla)

NEW UPDATES in CAULDRON

  • josm
  • gpscorrelate
  • merkaartor
  • qlipper (https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8593)
  • screengrab
  • curtain
  • geis
  • grail
  • trojita
  • libtorrent-rasterbar (freeze-push request)

NEW PACKAGES in CAULDRON

  • qupzilla

UiAbstraction4mcc (aka AdminPanel)

Some improvement brought to the Privileges module that is now able to use sudo, pam and polkit as backends to let AdminPanel acquire the necessary privileges.

A lot of work has been done on rpmdragora (a rpmdrake port to yui). I’m working to make rpmdragora more gui-indipendent thanks to the yui library. rpmdrake currently uses GTK causing a lot of gtk stuff to be necessarily installed even on a qt-based installation of Mageia.

This is a huge task and it often requires a lot of code rewrite, but I already achieved some good result (see below).

Rpmdragora using ncurses
Rpmdragora using ncurses

 

rpmdragora using Qt
rpmdragora using Qt

 

Thanks

See you next month for a new summary of my activities 😉

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.